y1d Books: Publishing
Information for prospective authors
y1d published publishes titles on selected high-technology topics. Our intended focus is
information technology and embedded systems.
y1d is a young publisher, although we have a longstanding experience with, and exposure to, the publishing industry.
We have a very lightweight approach, with a heavy dependence on the direct efforts of authors
themselves to get books produced and sold. As a compensatory benefit, our royalty return rates are
As a young publisher, we are being very selective about the titles we launch. We are looking for
complete or almost-complete submissions that are well-written and which exhibit expert knowledge, in some form.
Please do not send manuscripts, but rather a proposal and a sample chapter, if available.
Writing for y1d
The first step in getting your book published by y1d is to send a proposal. Getting accepted will depends on several factors.
You need positive answers to these questions.
If the answer is yes to all of these, then the next step is a book proposal.
The proposal need to make a persuasive case for your book. it should address the following issues:
- Does your book fit our current vision for the y1d lineup and our vision of what we are looking for.
- Do you have good writing skills?
- It the topic or subject area relevant and important?
- Does your book reflect expertise in some areas?
- Are you enthusiatic about the project and able to embrace it?
- Can you deal with a publisher that expects you to carry the ball yourself?
- The title and subject of the proposed book.
- Detailed description of the topic, in a couple of paragraphs.
- Your biography.
- Target audience.
- Description of competing and related titles including names, authors, publication dates and description of their relationship to
the proposed title.
- Selling points.
- Web sites, associations, or venues that could be used to market your title.
- Expected completion date and fraction completed.
- Expected length, number or illustrations.
- Your name, address, telephone number, and times at which you can be contacted.
We welcome your submissions and attempt to reply to every submission within seven days.